Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Wednesday, October 05, 2005

    ~Sheep~Socks~Mini Socks~Throws~

    How cute is this little guy? This is a PUPPY toy! Someone who has no respect for our fiber-giving little friends designed this I'm sure :( I can NOT imagine giving him to little Beau and listening to the agonized little sheep noises he would be making (he sounds like a REAL sheep) -- I think he will keep me company while I play with the blog or knit :)

    Speaking of knitting..... I haven't done any since Saturday- I have been doing tons of work at home lately, which has seriously cut into my knitting (and sleeping) time. I have, however, reserved tonight. I will NOT think about laundry, or laundry or, for that matter, laundry -- I will NOT fall asleep sitting up in my chair, giving the puppy the opportunity to CHEW ON my knitting! I'm going to gleefully work on some socks for Socktober Fest. I will use any excuse to knit socks :). I bought some beautiful Trekking not too long ago that I'm dying to use (I'll put up a picture soon).

    Then, of course, there is the mate for the mini Red Sox sock (see previous post)- I should probably do that one first since the friend who has been hinting about HOW MUCH she would LOVE some Red Sox earrings' birthday has passed . but . . . . then . . . .
    There is this lovely circular throw . . . . . . . . .
    I have changed the colors to suit me and I love working this project. It's great when I'm in some serious need of instant gratification due to the frequent color changes. Along with changing the colors, I've done the increases differently. The pattern calls for yo's for the increase rows, which cause little holes - evenly spaced throughout the afghan - I prefer not to have holes. I have been working M1 increases and, as you can see, there aren't any holes (YAY) . I have also switched to the Russian Join when changing colors as I HATE HATE HATE having ends peeking through and since I have children who love to be cuddled up in afghans. I just KNOW there would be many ends poking through the more it was stretched and fought over, which would cause me great distress - which would make me dislike this lovely throw, but NEVER EVER EVER my children ;)
    I'm off to find something to feed the family and KNIT!
    (Today my world is good!)

    Comments on "~Sheep~Socks~Mini Socks~Throws~"

     

    Blogger *karen said ... (10/09/2005) : 

    I'm almost finished making that same throw. I like the idea of using m1 to increase instead of the yo. Why can't I ever come up with these things on my own?

     

    post a comment