Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Monday, November 13, 2006

    ~Please Help Me...Comfort Jenn~

    In my previous post, I mentioned the possibility of making a comfort blanket for my friend Jenn and a welcome blanket for her expected baby....

    I'd like to take a moment to tell you a little about what this young woman has gone through. Jenn is a kind, sweet, caring person who lost her parents in a car accident as a teenager, a brother in a motorcycle accident, has conquered throat cancer and last month lost her husband of less than a year, 7 year old son and 4 month old baby in a tragic car accident. This past weekend, she lost the baby she was carrying. She is a very private person who would go out of her way to help anyone in any way. The pain she is feeling is totally unfathomable to me and tears me up inside. The holidays are coming and making it through these next few months will be harder for her than I can even begin to imagine.

    I KNOW that everyone is busy and stressed at this time of year, but I would like to call upon your kindness and compassion and ask that you knit one square for a blanket to remind her that there ARE people that care and that although we may not be with her in person, we are with her in spirit, wrapping her in loving thoughts and prayers knit into every stitch.

    I would like to thank
    Cindy from the bottom of my heart. She has jumped right in offering her help with this project and sharing her knowledge and experience. Here are a few of those suggestions ....

    • The squares should be 8 inches
    • We will need 64 squares
    • The yarn should be soft superwash wool or cotton but not acrylic
    • I think the colors should be soft, comforting colors (maybe heathers?) but I will leave that up to each of you.
    • If you would like to send a note or prayer with your square, I will be sure to pass it along indicating which square it goes with.

    I pray that I can get enough squares to pull this together and I would appreciate any help you can give. If by chance I get more than 64 squares, I will see if Cindy can use them for Warming Grace.

    If you can help, please contact me and I will send you the address to forward your finished square to. Thank you!

    Please feel free to take the button for your blog...

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Comments on "~Please Help Me...Comfort Jenn~"

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (11/13/2006) : 

    Count me in Cathy! It is absolutely unfathomable what this young woman has gone through. I think what you are doing is fantastic.

     

    Blogger AmyArtisan said ... (11/13/2006) : 

    Count me in too Cathy!

    When do you want these?

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    Yes, I would be honored to do a square. I will also post about this tomorrow to help spread the word. If there is anything else I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Hugs to you and to Jenn.

     

    Blogger Miss Scarlett said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    Oh this is horrifying.
    I will absolutely contribute to this gift.
    I know my mother will make a square too.
    Please count both of us in.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through. Count me in with whatever I can do to help. I'm happy to volunteer for assembly/seaming too.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    You can count me in. Some fabulous knitbloggers over the summer put together a blanket of squares for my little sister who lost her husband in an accident in June then had a horrible car accident herself the following month.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    Count me in.

    Let me know about the timeline and I'll be sure to post something + the button on my blog, too.

    Big hug,
    j

     

    Blogger Carole Knits said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    Cynthia sent me over. I can help. What's your time frame, etc.?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    I think I should be able to do this, but I want to know when you'd like to have them, before I commit.
    (I'm here from Cynthia's blog, btw.)

     

    Blogger Stephanie said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    I'm definitely in. This is far more than one person should ever be expected to handle. I think that this is a wonderful thing that you are organizing--how comforting to have such a caring and thoughtful friend! Please provide more details re: timeframe and I'll start checking my stash. Oh, also, if you have preferences re: the type of stitch used, please let me know.

     

    Blogger Jenn said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    I'm in. Found this on Cynthia's blog. As a fellow Jenn, and a mother, I can not even imgine what she is going through. Needle will be going tonight!

     

    Blogger Larjmarj said ... (11/14/2006) : 

    Count me in too...Just unreal what this woman has gone through.

     

    Blogger Dorothy said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    I'm in. I'll put your button up tomorrow and start knitting as soon as I find my nice superwash.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Cathy, I'm going to try my best too! I don't know how fast, but I'll see what I can do. My heart goes out to her!!!
    I'll try to post this week or weekend to spread the word. If I forget because life takes over, please don't hesitate to remind me!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    I've posted about this on my blog to help spread the word. I hope you don't mind that I've taken your description of Jenn's life for my post. Hugs!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Why is it bad thing always happen to the best people?

    I am so flooded with things at the moment. Between Secret Santa knitting, other commited charity knitting, Christmas knitting and work knitting all needing to be done before Dec 15th I dont think I will have time for a square.

    I wish I could I really do. It pains me the thought of what this poor woman has gone through.

    I hope that you get enough squares, if it had been any other time of year I would have joined 100% to at least one. I feel so bad that I cant help out this time.

    Katt

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    I just did a post on my blog. Even though I cant help out by knitting a square, hopefully I can help out by getting OTHERS over here to help with one or two.

    Katt

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Count me in for a square, and I'll post on my blog soon.

     

    Blogger Dandy said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    count me in.. I'll post on my blog tonight.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Just hopped over from Two Wooden Sticks, Count me in - I have just the yarn sitting in the stash - it was obviously meant to be.
    I'll get it done as soon as possible just let me know where to send it

     

    Blogger Rositta said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    I'm in, going out to get the superwash wool today, putting all my other projects on hold. Let me know where to send them. By the way, I'm a computer dummy and don't know how to put the button on my blog but maybe i'll figure it out. When do you need the squares?

     

    Blogger Mindy said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    I think I can manage to get a square done. Let me know when. Poor Jenn, I can't think of anything more terrible to have to go through.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Count me in. I just finished a baby blanket and have some super-super-soft red/pink colour mix cotton left over.

     

    Blogger Julie said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    I'd love to do a square.

    stingdragon AT gmail DOT com

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Me too.

    And I've posted all about this with links on my blog.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    Hi Cathy...I would be glad to make a square for this blanket. What is the timeline?

     

    Blogger Catherine Kerth said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    i'm in! i'll start it right away and ask for addy when I am done....catherinekerth(at)hotmail(dot)com

     

    Blogger starrypurplehaze said ... (11/15/2006) : 

    i'd like to help out...when should i have it ready by?

     

    Blogger ~Kristie said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    I've been awestruck ever since I read this! I just searched through my stash & found leftovers of my favorite washable sock yarn (SOCKS THAT ROCK) that I hopefully have enough of for an 8x8 square.

    When do you need it & where do I send it to?

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    I would love to help. I am a knitter for our shawl ministry group at church so this sort of thing is what I knit for. You can bet my square will have lots of prayers attached. Now to find some superwash...

    Why do bad things happen to good people?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    II cannot begin to imagine what this young woman must be going through and the questions she must be asking herself. I really hope she has a spiritual counselor to help her through this difficult time. One of the scriptures that I turn to for comfort is Ecclesiastes 9:11 which says, “I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.” Please count me in. I would love to knit a square and I will definitely like to include a note of encouragement and prayer to her. I do not have a blog yet. Please email me at: naotero@sbcglobal.net and with further details.

     

    Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    Hi Cathy!! I read about your friend and would like to offer up a square too. I think I have the perfect yarn to cheer her up. Would jeweltone colors in blues, greens, and purples be okay?
    =:8

     

    Blogger The Blonde Bomber said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    Count me in, too! I'll put together what I can from my cotton stash as I'm allergic to wool. I've posted about this on my blog as well. It's good to know that Jenn has friends looking out for her.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    Sign me up for one. You can reach me through my blog. :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    ((hugs)) you know I'm SO in for this. I can't imagine the pain that Jenn is going through right now. She is so lucky to have friends like you

     

    Blogger Debi said ... (11/16/2006) : 

    cathy- I really want to help with this but I have some deadlines I have to meet -- will you still be collecting after the first of the year?

     

    Blogger Rositta said ... (11/17/2006) : 

    Just to let you know, I posted my square this morning. Hope it helps.

     

    Blogger Melly said ... (11/17/2006) : 

    Count me in.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/18/2006) : 

    Kathy, my square is done but I don't know where to send it, could you send me your address? It may take a minute because I told my real-life friend about it last night and she said she would be knitting one too.
    Thanks and big hugs for you!! It can't be easy seeing a friend go through this.

     

    Blogger Laura said ... (11/20/2006) : 

    I'm swatching for a square today! Give a shout out if you need help sewing squares in case of an excess.

     

    Blogger Kristy said ... (11/20/2006) : 

    I would love to knit a square for this project! Please let me know what the deadline is so I am sure I'm not making promises I can't keep.

    crickitleigh (at) hotmail (dot) com

     

    Blogger --Deb said ... (11/21/2006) : 

    Count me in. I can't think of any better knitting I could do over Thanksgiving weekend....

     

    Blogger Samantha said ... (11/22/2006) : 

    Count me in. Please email me at milotis78@rogers.com to let me know where I should send a square.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/25/2006) : 

    count me in, as well

    fluttercrafts at gmail dot com

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/07/2006) : 

    I am not a crier, but my heart just broke, I will absolutely help and would certainly also be willing to donate from the store too.
    Please let me know if you are still in need.
    salesATthesweetsheepDOTcom

     

    Blogger knit_tgz said ... (2/07/2007) : 

    I only read about this now, and my heart aches for her. Do you still need knitters to knit squares for Jen? If you do, please email me at tar (dot) gzip (at) gmail (dot) com. Or is there any other way I can help? I will remember Jen in my prayers.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/30/2008) : 

    Good Job! :)

     

    post a comment