Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Monday, October 03, 2005

    A Story and......~The Mini Sock~

    Today was one of those days where you realize just how small the world really is....

    I offered my services as a "limo" driver using my father's Cadillac (somehow my 9 year old minivan didn't seem appropriate) for the funeral of a friend's Mom. It was a hard day for all involved, but at the small gathering after the funeral, as I was talking to this friend, we were discussing her family name (it's Turkish, therefore somewhat different) and the similarity to the first name of one of my uncles (he is also Turkish). As we were talking about how funny some of the names were, she asked the last name of said uncle which prompted an "AH HA" moment! I'm sure some of you know what I mean.... that moment when a story, name or comment triggers a memory from the past which flies to the surface and SMACKS you in the head!

    She led me over to her father, who is in his 80's, and told him who my uncle was - at which point he and his brother both had the exact same AH HA moment! Come to find out, her Dad, his brother and my uncle were all musicians (because that's what they were called back then) played in a band together some 60 years ago, he remembered my Aunt and all of my uncles brothers, kids etc. etc. etc. He remembered my mother, who in her younger days was a singer on the radio - a career that she gave up to marry my Dad and move across the country (awwwwwwwwww young love ;)) It was a wonderful moment---- to see memories bring a smile to the face of a man that had lost his wife of 59 years. I saw, in that moment, just how incredibly small our world really is - and just then, I was so very grateful for finally being in the right place, at the right time. Most of all, I was grateful for being blessed with the gift of realizing it.


    NOW....... the moment you have all been waiting for..... THE SOCK!..............................

    The mini Sock with those lethal dpn's and a penny for scale - It really is a cute sock, I find myself falling for it's charm and I'm now having some guilt at the thought of this little guy going through it's little sock life alone - I may just have to knit it a friend -- plus, one of my dearest friends has been not so subtly hinting that she would LOVE a pair of Red Sox earrings for her birthday......
    Posted by Picasa
    Here is our little Beau - who attempted to snack on the dpn's - he's 5 months old and quite handsome, don't you think?

    Comments on "A Story and......~The Mini Sock~"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/04/2005) : 

    That's an amazing story. Whoa.
    Those socks are so cute. How long did those take you? You could be an FO queen by making those all the time. :)

     

    Blogger Mz Mar said ... (10/04/2005) : 

    What a story! A nice moment at a sad time~~
    The sock is great!! I've been wanting to do some of those~~maybe now I will!!

     

    post a comment