Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Wednesday, November 02, 2005

    ~MeMe and more Me? lol~

    Since I haven't accomplished too much knitting since my stomach decided to revolt, I thought I'd share my cross stitch beaded turkey! I LOVE this little guy - I made him a few years ago and he makes me smile! On the knitting front, I was just about done with my doll legs, when I realized that I made them the same width as the arms - being out of my mind - I FROGGED them - so the doll isn't finished yet :(
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I do feel better than I did yesterday, although I ended up at the chiropractor today. I did something awful to my back - probably yesterday hanging out of my car door on my way home from the dentist. Wednesday is my "work from home" day and, needless to say, it wasn't very productive, but I will hopefully be heading off to work tomorrow -- I feel terribly guilty when I'm home sick.
    Here is the pattern I was looking for yesterday that, thankfully, emerged from the black hole - now I can get going on these lovely things and maybe convince myself that I'm worthy of keeping something for myself! lol I almost always give away what I make, but my hands have been so cold lately that I might just manage to hang on to these.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    I was gifted with this skein of Patons Divine, I'm thinking I might give it a try on the gloves. Do any of you have any thoughts on this yarn? It is very soft, but has Mohair in it, I'm assuming I should attempt not to make mistakes as frogging may be a bit difficult. I also always rewind my yarn with the ball winder - does anyone know if doing that will cause problems with this yarn?

    Yesterday, Karen tagged me with my first meme! Thanks Karen! (l0l) all that thinking took my mind off of my stomach woes! I apologize if the answers aren't as detailed as they should be, but here we go........

    What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with?
    Knitting with cashmere is my favorite – I love the feel and the way it just glides over the needles. I also like picking out sock yarns - Swizzle and Trekking have been favorites. I have just ordered some Knit Picks to try out.

    Your favorite needles?
    I absolutely love using bamboo, they are so comfortable to hold – for circulars, I use my Denise needles whenever possible. My only wish is that they came in sizes under 5. If I can use dpn’s (usually bamboo) for under size 5’s, I do.

    The worst thing you've ever knit?
    I made some mittens when I first started and they were a horror! Two different sizes, uneven stitches and the thumb was way too tight!

    Your most favorite knit pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it . . .but it was the most fun to knit)
    The lace or ribbed Artist’s Gloves (fingerless) are my favorite – especially when knit with cashmere! I was in a panic the other day because I couldn't find the pattern - I found it this morning :)

    Most valuable knitting technique?
    I don’t know that I can pick a “most” valuable – it varies depending upon what I’m making. I LOVED learning dpn’s (I taught myself), turning heels, short rows, ssk’s and m1’s. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that’s WAY more than 1 - sorry :)

    Best knit book or magazine? The book that helped me the most when I first started venturing past plain dishcloths was Knitting in Plain English by Maggie Righetti. On the pattern front, the knitter’s handy book of Patterns by Ann Budd is great, it is very helpful in adjusting patterns for different sizes.

    Your favorite Knit-A-Long?
    Socktoberfest has been fun and I’ve joined the Knitted Babes Knit-A-Long which will run indefinately – I love those dolls.

    Your favorite knitblogs?
    I have so so many favorites, but I never miss the Yarn Harlot, she can make me cry and laugh in just a couple of paragraphs. She is just as wonderful in person! Lolly Knitting Around, Continue in Kind, Poor Miss Finch and bits of knits are others I very much enjoy. Goodness! there are just too many! lol

    Your favorite knitwear designer?
    I really like Melanie Falick’s books – my daughter’s have enjoyed looking through the Kids Knitting and one of my girls actually knits! I also like a lot of the patterns in her new handknit Holidays book!

    The knit item you wear the most?
    My superwarm, double thick socks! I love to knit them and I LOVE wearing them! I usually use Karen Baumer’s pattern. It was the pattern I learned to knit socks with and I still like knitting it.

    That's about it for today. Do I need to tag someone now with this meme? Have a great night!

    Cath

    Comments on "~MeMe and more Me? lol~"

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (11/02/2005) : 

    Glad to see you are feeling better too. Hopefully we both got our "sickness" over with and will sail through the winter strong and healthy.

    I tried that Patons Divine yarn for a ribbed pillow-cover and haven't gotten very far. I think it was too fuzzy for the knit pattern. It was also quite a while back, just after I learned to purl, and I think maybe I wasn't ready to advance to that project yet. I haven't worked it in ages, but I'll try again some day. I can't wait to hear what you think of the yarn . . . and to see the gloves!

     

    Blogger chris said ... (11/03/2005) : 

    Happy to hear that you're on the mend! :-) Those lacy gloves are really pretty- can't wait to see them knit up! Wow- you've met the Yarn Harlot in person??! That must have been an amazing experience. As funny as she is in her writing, she still seems so down to earth and humble. I love her blog, too. Your turkey is such a cutie. :-) Take care!

     

    post a comment