Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Sunday, November 13, 2005

    ~My Favorite Things~


    When I finished writing this post, I noticed that it "topic jumped" a couple of times - sorry :( I guess I'm a bit disjointed today! lol
    note: most of the images in this post are thumbnails - feel free to click on them for a better look
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I finished the babe and her sweater (shhhhhhhhhhh don't let on that she's bottomless!) I haven't decided what I want to make - maybe some little jeans? a skirt? I'll have to do some thinking on this one. I very much enjoyed making this doll, although all the patterns in the book are for flat knitting. I received a LOT of good tips when I asked about converting flat knitting to circular, so I will be making my next doll in the round on dpn's. I'm not a huge fan of a LOT of purling and I'd rather not seam if I don't have to, so this ought to make things move along better. I made this doll as a test. My daughters LOVE her, so I guess I know what will be in their stockings for Christmas - I best get knitting. The sweater was very easy to make, I did do this in the round until I got to the arm holes. I wasn't sure how to approach that part as it was my VERY FIRST sweater! I will make the next sweater with chunkier yarn and bigger needles for the quick knit factor. Fun project. Any ideas for names?????????????

    **********************************************

    Yesterday, Lolly shared her collection of Pomegranates and asked what others collect. Well, I thought I'd share (just in case anyone was interested ;)). I've put a couple of pictures of a VERY SMALL portion of my collection - too embarrased to show more ;)

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWhen I was a little girl, I loved to watch the PBS Animal shows - ALL of them. I remember seeing a show on Panda Bears and immediately fell in love with them. When I was young, I loved them for the "cuddly" factor, as I grew I realized that these beautiful creatures were in some serious danger of being wiped off the face of the earth. That touched my heart and peaked my interest even more. I've learned over the years that the Panda was considered to be a gentle animal and became a symbol of peace. The Panda continues to be a symbol of peace which is why China has given so many countries the Giant Panda as a gesture of peace. In the second century the Panda was believed to have mystical powers capable of warding off natural disasters and evil spirits. By the 19th century, the Panda pelt was believed to repel plague and tumors among other things. These beautiful animals are loosing ground, as they are competing with farmers who farm river valleys and mountains where they live and feed.

    Chinese experts estimate that there are no more than 1000 panda's in the wild. The healthy adult panda only has one real enemy.... man. On the black market, a poacher could ask $100,000 - $250,000 for an adult pelt. The punishment for this crime is life in prison or the death penalty if the poacher is caught by the Chinese Government. The old, young and weak pandas may be attacked by leopards or wild dogs. The bamboo rat poses a threat due to the fact that they eat the roots of the bamboo plants, which the panda consumes about 40 pounds of a day, therefore killing the plant and the panda's food supply. There are ten preserves set aside in China to protect this docile, rather unaggressive animal. The panda is also the symbol of the World Wildlife Fund.

    Ok, now that I've given you some facts on the Panda - I collect them because they make me SMILE! :) I had quite a lot of beautiful china panda's, signed collectibles - my dh knocked this shelf down two years in a row while decorating the Christmas Tree, smashing my lovelies on the cast-iron baseboards :( . Sad, but true.

    ***********************************************

    I'd like to ask all of you that read my previous post regarding my Em and her class. She has been in tears all evening about this big change in her life, and although I told her that it is ultimately her decision I am PRAYING that she chooses the move. It is so very tough to be 13 and worried about coming into an already established group of kids, wondering if you will be well received/fit in that I wouldn't dream of MAKING her do this. I know that she KNOWS it would be in her best interest to switch, but the social aspect is frightening. Please keep her in your thoughts tomorrow and pray for the best.
    I wish you all a pleasant Monday.
    Cath

    Comments on "~My Favorite Things~"

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (11/14/2005) : 

    I'm sending only positive thoughts and energies Em's way all day today. What a great Panda write-up, I learned a lot. Sorry about the china lovelies on the shelf :( So sad. The doll came out great - I'll leave the naming suggestions to someone who's feeling a little more creative. It's Monday and I don't think my brain is there yet.

     

    Blogger chris said ... (11/14/2005) : 

    Both the babe and her sweater are so cute! A little risque without a bottom, but what she doesn't know can't hurt her. ;-) Your panda collection is fantastic! They certainly make me smile, too. I recently saw footage of one being born in a zoo in Japan- so sweet. Em is in my thoughts today...I can only imagine what a huge transition this must be for her, especially in adolescence. She is blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive family. Sending you lots of good thoughts and positive vibes!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2005) : 

    I hope that all went well at school today for Em, all change is hard, but is usually for the best. Your panda collection is fantastic! They are so cute and cuddly, I have always loved them. The doll also came out great - I would never have the patience for those. You have my eternal admiration for all those little limbs.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/09/2006) : 

    I love your panda collection! I too am a collector of pandas - it started in 4th grade when we had to do our first term paper/report on an animal & more than 20 years later I still love them. :)

     

    post a comment