Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Saturday, January 21, 2006

    ~A Little Bit of This.... and That~

    I would like to thank you all for your kind, sympathetic and thoughtful messages regarding my "cursed month", I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!!! You "bloggers" are the best!

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    A quick update and then on to knitting news and other "fun" stuff:
    When I left you on Wednesday "the van" was here at home in my garage and I was heading for the hot shower - well, most of my muscles have returned to normal - mouth is still killing me (return trip to dentist on Monday) - -- on Thursday morning the girls and I got into the "fixed" van to head off to school and as I started it, Nic asked me why the van was "shaking". It was like one of those old exercise machines our Mom's had (dating myself I'm sure) that put a strap around you and shook the fat off! In any event, in addition to it shaking the "check engine" light was flashing wildly! Needless to say, I shut it off and the girls took the bus. On Friday morning, DH decided to drive my car back to the garage for them to look at again, since it was obviously NOT fixed. I offered to follow him there on Thursday night, but he declined. In any event, he left here a little after 6:00 a.m. ~~~ at 8:30 a.m. THIS ~Image Hosted by ImageShack.us ~is what I saw, not 5 miles from my house on my way to work ~that would be my van being hooked up. He had a co-worker pick him up shortly after it passed away! My youngest came to work with me on Friday (she had the intestinal "bug", and I HAD to go in, so she kept me company in my new office). That wraps up the two weeks from H.E.L.L.

    On to other, more pleasant things...

    I have knit some more on my artist gloves, although most of my "spare" time the last couple of days has been spent doing paperwork for the Softball League. My youngest warmed my heart when she came home from shopping with her sisters the other day and had purchased yarn to make a scarf for her friend's Mom. I LOVE it that she is into knitting for others as well as herself - right after Christmas, she took some yarn that she had been saving for herself and made a scarf out of it for one of her friends! Speaking of scarves, there is a great project going on for orphaned college students called The Red Scarf Project. The Orphan Foundation of America is collecting Red Scarves for Valentine's Day Care Packages, you can check it out
    here.
    I think maybe Nic and I will each whip one up before we finish our other projects, as the deadline is the 31st of January.

    I also came across these
    Knitted Boots on the Blue Blog that were evidently featured on Knitty Gritty. I haven't watched at all, so I missed them. I can just picture the girls loving them! They look like fun, especially since there are power tools involved, and my using them makes DH VERY nervous! lol

    I also came across another gem that you bloggers might be interested in....There is a
    great freeware program by Jim Tucek that will encrypt your e-mail address to prevent spam. You can visit his site at the above link and check it out.

    I'm also going to move the recipes that I have posted, to one of the sidebars under their own heading, for those of you that are interested. I figure it will be easier to locate them for future reference.

    I'm sorry there are no knitting pictures to share today, but I haven't made enough progress on anything that would be worth posting, and the digital camera has no charged batteries at the moment - my bad! I will leave you with the last picture taken before the batteries died.....Image Hosted by ImageShack.us (there were two dogs walking up the street) When you all tire of what I consider "cute animal" pictures, just let me know and I'll try to stop ;)


    I wish you all a very pleasant Sunday! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Comments on "~A Little Bit of This.... and That~"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/21/2006) : 

    Cute animal pics are always good for me!
    Is your van completely dead? I hope not, although, maybe a new car would be safer?????
    I love that your little girl is so generous. It's such a rare trait in kids now. It speaks volumes about how you are raising them!
    And finally, those boots on The Blue Blog are bleepin' great! I want to make them too. I just saw something on the same train of thought in this weeks people except they were crocheted and had a completely flat sole.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/22/2006) : 

    Your doggie pic is cute!! I hope your van starts feeling better soon. Things just have to start looking up, don't they?

     

    Blogger chris said ... (1/23/2006) : 

    I love all the cute animal pics! ;-) Your youngest daughter sounds like a sweetheart, just like her mom. I think it's wonderful that she's knitting for others! Hope your van gets repaired from its repair job and that everyone's feeling better soon. You deserve to win the lottery next month after all you've been through this cursed January! Take care and hope Monday brings only good things your way. ;-)

     

    post a comment