Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Saturday, July 01, 2006

    ~New "Share-A-Long"?~

    I came across a post from Jenn on the Mason Dixon KAL site regarding a search for a pattern for knit slippers like the ones her grandmother used to make. I, too, at one time searched and searched for a pattern similar to the slippers my grandmother made. In talking with a variety of crafters, it seems to be common that most grandmothers and great grandmothers did most everything from memory (I don't EVER remember seeing a pattern for anything in my grandmother's hands). The heirloom patterns we do come across, or are shared with us by friends are treasured!
    ~
    This all got me to thinking....... Would there be an interest in an Heirloom Pattern Share-A-Long? (may have to come up with a new name ;)) I realize that this is a knitting blog, but my grandmother, mother and aunts all taught me to sew, embroider, needlepoint, crochet and knit (tatting was something I sadly didn't master), therefore, I would be open to including patterns other than knitting. These patterns could be treasured patterns that you are willing to share from your own family, friends etc., patterns (free) found on the web that remind you of family heirlooms, or patterns that you have created that mirror old family patterns.
    ~
    I know there are quite a few people that come and visit my blog, so if you would let me know what you think about this idea, if you're interested or not, and maybe ask your blog readers or friends if they'd be interested in joining (spread the word) - - I can see how much interest there is, and hopefully get this going. I think it would be fun!
    ******************************************
    I'd like to send a HUGE to those of you that contacted me with encouraging words and information regarding Nicole's SVT. If I haven't responded to you yet, please know that I will very soon! My son is coming home from College today and we are having company on Tuesday so I have been busy organizing, cleaning and doing some work outside. Some of you put a lot of time and thought into your replies, and I would like to send a thoughtful, not hurried reply in return.
    ~
    Have a safe and happy weekend!

    Comments on "~New "Share-A-Long"?~"

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (7/02/2006) : 

    I think the Share-A-Long is a great idea!!! I too have searched for a pattern for slippers like Grandma used to knit. I found on that comes pretty close (I hope I can remember where I found it!!!) Have a wonderful time with Matt and your visitors. Happy 4th of July!

     

    post a comment