Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Saturday, October 28, 2006

    ~Successful Surgery and Elmo~

    A huge thank you to those of you that kept Nicole in your thoughts and prayers on Thursday. Her surgery was a complete success and I haven't the words to describe how relieved I am. I feel as though I can finally breathe, as though I have been holding my breath. The surgery lasted 3 hours and went well - she had no side effects from the anesthesia and is healing as expected. I'll spare you all the details, but suffice it to say, it was THE longest day of my life and terrified doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.

    I have renewed faith in humanity and the kindness of strangers. I'd like to tell you a short story of the Elmo you see pictured below being held by a very happy Nicole as she leaves the hospital.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Nicole has wanted a stuffed Elmo for a couple of years, and as some of you may know, they are hard to find in stores (this kills me because I gave away an Elmo years ago). About two weeks ago it occurred to me that eBay might be a good place to look for an Elmo to keep her company for this frightening event. I found the Elmo you see (chosen because the auction was ending soon and I was desperate to get it here before Thursday) and emailed the seller to ask if she would consider upgrading the shipping to express (at my expense) so that it would be here in time for Nic to take to the hospital. When I checked back to see if there had been a response, the listing was gone, but there was an email from the seller telling me that she and her family would like to send him to her as a gift. To say that I was surprised and immensely touched would be an understatement. She wouldn't take no for an answer telling me that any child, no matter what their age, deserves a smile especially in a frightening situation such as this. She also told me that if I didn't mind accepting it from a Yankee's fan that she would be incredibly happy if I accepted their gift. I gratefully accepted and Elmo was sitting on the seat of the car waiting for Nic on Thursday morning. She held on to him for dear life all the way to Boston, carried him into the hospital and he was waiting for her after surgery.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    He has kept her company since, and I find myself fighting back tears of happiness every time I look at her. People ARE good and I am grateful.

    Comments on "~Successful Surgery and Elmo~"

     

    Blogger Debi said ... (10/29/2006) : 

    YAY Nicole! Heal completely and quickly kiddo! :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/29/2006) : 

    I'm so glad to hear that Nicole is doing well. The kindness of strangers is something isn't it.
    I'm glad you are doing well too. There is nothing worse than having to watch our children go through something that we have no contol over.
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

     

    Blogger Larjmarj said ... (10/29/2006) : 

    That's awesome, she's doing well and looks happy! Kids heal up so much better than adults. Glad to hear that she's doing well and it was a short stay in the hospital!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/29/2006) : 

    Yay! glad to hear that Nic is doing so well. And that everything went smoothly! What a wonderful thing that seller did. Your story made me want to cry! : )

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/01/2006) : 

    So happy that all went well with the surgery. That smile on her face is worth a thousand words, and how sweet of them to give that to her as a gift!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/04/2006) : 

    Oh my goodness, I've been gone so long and now I'm trying to catch up on a bit of my reading. It's wonderful to hear she's doing well, I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt. I would have been a mess.
    My eyes are a bit watery reading that story about Elmo-it renews my hope in people too.

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (11/05/2006) : 

    I am really glad Nicole is doing well; the anxiety and the loss of control is so overwhelming and hard. The kindness of strangers is what keeps us human. Here's to a speedy recovery!

     

    post a comment