Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Saturday, February 21, 2009

    ~Wrapped in Love~

    I have been agonizing over this blog since my last post in May. I cherish the friends I have made blogging - the emails and little notes I have received over the last, very difficult, year and a half have meant more to me than I can ever say. My lack of posting has been more a question of my ability to compose something that would be of interest to my blog friends than anything else and I have therefore had "blog freeze". Today that problem is completely gone.

    If you know me well, I am not often rendered speechless, I do, however, "tear up" pretty easily (TV shows, movies, hallmark cards, commercials, events in my children's lives.... I cry when I'm happy and when I'm sad). I will get to the point now....

    I received a package in the mail late Thursday from Amanda Cathleen and couldn't even imagine what it could be. (Amanda has had the most incredible knack of contacting me or sending me a little gift when I have most needed a nudge to keep me in a positive frame of mind over the last year and a half.) In any event, I opened the package to find beautiful tissue paper edged with hearts (hearts and Panda's are two of my favorite things) and as I unwrapped the tissue I came upon a pile of cards and THE MOST GORGEOUS shawl I have ever seen (knit in my favorite color no less). I stood there like a fool staring at it, not immediately comprehending what had taken place to prompt this incredible gift and then.... the tears began in ernest! Standing there holding this shawl and reading the beautiful messages on the ribbons attached to it, I realized what my most dear knitting friends had done. As I read the card Amanda enclosed explaining this gift, looked at the list of people who had knit their love into it and where it had traveled, a warmth that I can't even BEGIN to describe enfolded me.


    My husband came home from work to find me sitting at the kitchen table with this beautiful gift wrapped around me, the cards spread out on the table and the tears streaming down my face. He isn't one to read cards, but he sat down (as did my girls) and read every one, including the ribbons and said ... "this is incredible!"

    I can't find words to adequately express just how MUCH this beautiful gift; the time, the effort, the talent, the prayers and healing thoughts that went into it means to me.... as I said before, I am speechless!

    ********************

    DSC04949

    This is Amanda's Card explaining this most precious gift

    ********************
    DSC04948
    The cards and list enclosed in the box

    ********************
    DSC04951
    The messages written on the ribbons

    ********************
    DSC04955 DSC04956
    When I am up to it, this is where I Knit

    ********************
    I know that a lot of you have your own health and "life" issues ~ ~ thank you will never encompass what I want to say to you all, not only for this most "incredible" gift, but for the emails of encouragement and concern, Dr. referrals, healing thoughts and prayers and the love I feel knit into every stitch....

    ********************
    I love you all and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    ********************



    ********************
    DSC04952
    Just LOOK at this..... Speechless!

    Comments on "~Wrapped in Love~"

     

    Blogger AmyArtisan said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    Yay! I'm so glad that it is wrapping you all in love & care!

     

    Blogger pacalaga said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    It was a pleasure to be included in the project, and even moreso now that you have it to warm you!

     

    Blogger Julie said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    Hurrah! It was so much fun working on it and we've all been looking forward to the big finale.

     

    Blogger Larjmarj said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    What an awesome gift!!

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    It's finally there!!!! It was a very hard secret to keep - but so worth it!! I hope you enjoy it and that it keeps you warm and reminds you of how many people love you. :)

     

    Blogger Cindy said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    And, Amanda Cathleen held it all together for us. Take care!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/21/2009) : 

    I am so thrilled that you finally have it. Unfortunately my card is missing. I was in such a rush to knit my portion and get it back in the mail (in record speed I might add) that I forgot to add my card. Now that I know you have the blanket, I can mail it to you directly.

    :::HUGS:::

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/22/2009) : 

    YAY!! I am so happy to see you have the shawl. I was honored to knit my bit for you.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/22/2009) : 

    So glad you enjoy your gift. Take care; we're thinking of you.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/22/2009) : 

    Hi Cathy, I read about the shawl on Amy's blog and had to pop over. I read back through your posts and want to send my healing thoughts to you as well. May that very special shawl wrap you in love and warmth through your recovery.

     

    Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said ... (2/22/2009) : 

    I could not even think of hesitating when asked if I wanted to participate in this project! You MORE than deserve the much love in this shawl as you readily give to others.
    Huuuuuge bunny hugs!
    =:8

     

    Blogger Rositta said ... (2/23/2009) : 

    I hope this finds you feeling better Cathy. Sadly I was not involved in the shawl, I didn't even know about it sigh...ciao and hugs

     

    Blogger Junie Moon said ... (2/23/2009) : 

    I feel very blessed to have been part of this project of love. I wish you many snuggly moments knowing you have friends who care.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/23/2009) : 

    Just knowing that it brought you some comfort makes it all worth it! Your so welcome Cathy, ((hugs)) its good to have you back even if we rendered you speechless! : )

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/27/2009) : 

    Here by way of Junie Moon. Oh my goodness, this make me all teary! You're wrapped up in love, and we're surrounded by amazing souls. Wishing you much health and happiness.

     

    post a comment