Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Sunday, November 20, 2005

    ~ I Am Weak ~ but happy ;) ~

    First I'd like to apologize for forgetting to post the recipe (previous post) for the Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares! I meant to do that last week - I hope you enjoy them - let me know what you think - I love feedback. Did anyone try the cookies?

    I went to my conference on Friday - had a lovely lunch and on my way home I found myself detoured to my LYS. I am weak, I know, but I "needed" some more Cascade 220 - I know you can't see the color on the right very well, but it is a gorgeous plum color. While walking around, looking, touching and enjoying the peace of a cozy yarn store I came across the Queensland Collection Llama Seta/Alpaca and Silk - what wonderful yarn! It is so incredibly soft that I had to have it. I think it will be some fingerless mitts for me :) It looks very glittery in the picture but I don't see that AT ALL when I hold it up in front of me.. hmmmmmmmmmmmm. It will be wonderful to see how it works up. The tweedy yarn in the front is Roller - from Italy. I've never worked with it before, I'm not sure what I'll do with it, I just loved it and it was on clearance - clearance works for me! lol

    I still haven't had much knitting time. My day yesterday was consummed with cleaning, making shopping lists and I ended up washing all the curtains in my house! That was something that needed done, but I had no intention of doing it yesterday! I feel better knowing they are clean anyway. I'd love to get the girl's comforters washed also, but I will refrain from tackling that right now. I have a HUGE BJ's list and grocery store list - my dh told me that he would go to BJ's for me while I went to the grocery store. THAT will be an enormous help to me as my back is still not right at all :( I'll be back at the chiropractor tomorrow or Wednesday. My Dad's birthday is Tuesday, but I have so many appointments Tuesday that I think I will attempt to have his birthday dinner and cake today!

    The best thing that has happened to me in the last few days is that my son came home from college! I just LOVE having all my kids here! My daughters are absolutely thrilled to have him here, they now have their video game playmate back, they have someone to horse around with and they even SOMEHOW talked him into taking them to buy sneakers!!!!!!!!!! lol What a softie! He saved me from walking around with a ladder yesterday - he cleaned all the ceiling fans and helped me rehang all the curtains! YAY We had a visit from my cousin Chris and my 90 year old Aunt (she's my favorite... shhhhhhhhhh) - they have come to my house for holiday dinners since I got married 19 years ago and hadn't planned on coming this year. I DO believe they have changed their minds and will be coming Thursday along with Chris' brother, wife and two kids! The more the merrier - and since I have no concept of how to cook for a small group of people, (must be the Italian in me?) it will work to my advantage!

    Well, the girls are at CCD, Matt is sleeping, the hubby took Beau to play with his cousin Mack (a Brittany) Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usand I have a head full of hair color - timer is buzzing - I need to get a move on! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Cath

    I debated whether or not to post about this, but I am a firm believer in the power of prayer... that being said, I would like to ask all of you that are so inclined to PLEASE pray for a very good friend of mine. She is 30 years old and has had more tragedy in her young life than anyone should EVER have to deal with. To add to all of her past and recent tragedies, she has been diagnosed with cancer - my heart is breaking for her. She is a lovely person with a big heart, her name is Jenn.

    Comments on "~ I Am Weak ~ but happy ;) ~"

     

    Blogger chris said ... (11/20/2005) : 

    Jenn will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about the difficult time she is enduring. I am glad that she has your friendship and love to support her.

    Yes, you absolutely needed more Cascade 220, lol! Just beautiful! I hope your back feels better soon- it makes life so difficult when you're in physical pain. And it sounds like you're tackling a LOT this week! Do you think I might be part Italian, too? ;-) I've always wanted to be, that's for sure! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your whole family. BTW, thank you for the pumpkin cheesecake recipe- sounds delicious! I will be giving it a try! Have a great weekend-

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/20/2005) : 

    My prayers are with your friend Jenn. What a horrible thing at age 30!!

    I hope you're feeling better, too. Your back is nothing to fool around about.

    Oh yeah, thanks for the recipe. :P I just lost 4 pounds being sick and was happy about it, now I'm going to eat it all back. I may make those for Thanksgiving dessert.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/21/2005) : 

    Never doubt...always ask for prayers. I will keep Jenn in my prayers too.

    I also have to share with you that reading your blog was like coming home! A lot of the blogs are young, single women with so much more time to knit than I. Your dilemma of 1000 things to get done and ending up doing the one thing you hadn't planned but that really needed to be done...that's me! It wasn't always so. I used to be unbelievable organized but as my children have grown up, managing their lives has become increasingly more challenging. There are three of them, ages 10,8, and 6. We aren't super over committed either! But, my knitting goes with me everywhere and somehow I get it done and love every stolen moment of it.

    I LOVE reading all the blogs and seeing what new things are out there, I am really a 25 year old trapped in a 37 year old body!

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (11/21/2005) : 

    Wow, things have been BUSY over there!! I love the yarn . . . sounds like you needed a treat to keep you going. So nice that your whole family is home for Thanksgiving (and that the kids get along so well). Yeah, we Italians are BIG cookers - my friends always tease me about how much food I serve when I have parties. :) I will send positive healing energies Jenn's way.

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (11/23/2005) : 

    Don't ever question the request for prayers. No one should be offended and if they are they can just not do it. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers. So hard to deal with this at such a "thankful" time of year. But there is a purpose for everything and hopefully that purpose will be revealed.

     

    post a comment