Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Monday, January 16, 2006

    ~Fun, Foils and Stash Enhancement~

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Well, I'm back and the weekend wasn't much better than my "week of Mondays", not to mention the fact that it is WICKED COLD!!!!!!! ;) Despite that, the girls and I had a really fun day today.
    My two younger girls had their hair foiled for the first time ~here they are in all of their foiled beauty! lol

    and here they are in their finished glory (I've smudged their stylist's face as I didn't tell her she'd be "blogged")(click), we went shopping at a local discount store that had YARN ON SALE - here is a picture of a sampling of the un-needed stash enhancement ;) (although the AMOUNT of yarn purchased will remain undisclosed ~ seeing it in print might just scare me half to death!) it was gorgeous yarn - Kroy sock yarn (can NEVER have enough sock yarn) - Bernat, Lily, Patons and lots of large cones which would be great for the knitting machine (different mixes such as cotton/rayon, boucle/acrylic, and mohair/acrylic) - although I haven't had the time to even attempt to figure out my machine. I was given a circa 1950's/1960's Knit King Machine - it's gorgeous - made of steel, no plastic ~ one of these days I'll find the time to play with it)

    and last but not least, the much loved Stephanie... aka Harlot is having an Olympic Knit-a-long ! Check it out, it sounds like a blast. I've decided to join along for the fun of it (because I have NOTHING else going on and I need to see how much I can push that ONE LAST NERVE I have left ;) shhhhhhh leave me to my delusions).

    Now, just so you don't start to think that all I do is buy yarn and not knit it, here is a picture of my cast on "Artists Gloves", that are being knit in the Llama Seta that was meant to be part of "the evil socks". . This pattern just flies, and barring any unforseen "Mondays", I just might have a FO before too long! YAY!!!

    I hope you all had a great weekend, and for those of you that expressed an interest, I'll post the recipe for the Chili Soup as soon as I can.

    Remember~~~ it's never too late to de-lurk ;)

    Comments on "~Fun, Foils and Stash Enhancement~"

     

    Blogger chris said ... (1/17/2006) : 

    Your girls' highlights look fabulous! It's been so long since I've been to a real salon (usually Loreal does the trick these days! ;-)) that I'd forgotten about the whole foiling bit. How fun! And yay for stash enhancement!! Looks like you got some fabulous new yarn- I'm especially loving the sock yarn. I've always wanted to try those knitting machines- can't wait to see what you knit up using yours. Your gloves are looking fantastic and I know you'll have a FO soon, you Olympic contender! ;-) Take care, Cathy! :-)

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (1/17/2006) : 

    Ooohh, all that yarn . . . nothing better to warm up a wicked cold day!! (I laughed at that "wicked" thing - brought me straight back to college in Mass!). I've been debating joining the Olympics too - I think it might be fun. I have to think about what project would be appropriate. Have you picked one yet? Your gloves are going to be fabulous, can't wait to see them!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/17/2006) : 

    Oh your stash enhancement sounds divine. And the Olympic knitting sounds like fun. I envy all the "athletes" but I just couldn't take the pressure.
    Thank you for the nice comment on my blog!
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

     

    post a comment