Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Saturday, June 24, 2006

    ~Life~Knitting~Question~Pets~

    Well, as you can see, I never made it back the other day to repost! Craziness has been the order of the day - every day - lately, but I have hope for the future ;)
    **********************************
    Emily had her "graduation" from middle school this past week (she is marked with the white arrow). This was the first year they did it during the day and without caps and gowns. It is also now known as a "promotion/recognition" ceremony. Whatever they call it, it was very nice, although incredibly hot. We had a great view of her during the ceremony as they put the NJHS kids in the front row, however, most of my pictures are blurry and I'm not quite sure why.
    The eighth grade band members also played together for the last time in middle school. (Em is marked with an arrow playing the flute) I love to hear her play.
    ************************************
    Melyssa and Em had their championship game for their town team and unfortunately lost by a run. They had fun playing on the same team this year, so all was not lost! The team that I keep score for (Nicole's team) will be moving up to the senior division next year (Nic will move up a year early) - so we are hoping to have all three of them on the same team - Coach Scott's Dream Team - including his two girls who are Lyss and Nic's age. It would be fantastic to watch them all play on the same team together before Lyss leaves for college (I won't think about that now! ugh).
    ************************************
    Nicole's All Star Team had their first game, of the second tournament, Thursday night and won 10-6 (that is her pitching above). The girls really pulled together as a team and Nic pulled herself out of 3/0 and full counts to strike out many, many of their batters. We played the same team last week in the first tournament and tied the game, partially because Nic had to pull herself out for an inning in the 5th. She has SVT (click the link if you'd like more info) which was diagnosed about five and a half years ago (I also have the condition which was diagnosed for me 15 years ago). Unfortunately, Nic's occurs most often when she is active, which puts an extra strain on an already hard working organ. The episode she had during the last tournament lasted a little over 10 minutes which prompted me to make a call to her Cardiologist. We have upped her medication (a beta blocker) as much as we can now, being careful not to drop her blood pressure so much as to make her dizzy. She has been so incredibly grown up about this whole thing since she was about 7 years old that it has amazed not only me, but her school nurses and doctors. She is very matter of fact about it, takes her medication without being reminded and has never panicked. I was very proud of the fact that she stopped the game and took herself out - this has been what the cardiologist has worried about - that the older she got and the more intense the games, the less apt she would be to stop. There is a procedure called a Catheter Ablation that can cure this condition. The cardiologist and I have refrained from pushing the issue with her until she could make the decision for herself, mostly because the medication has taken care of it very well, until recently. When Nic informed me that she wanted to play Field Hockey in the fall, we had a long talk about her SVT and her love of sports. I believe she has decided to go ahead with the procedure - have any of you out there in blogland had children that have gone through this? If so, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts. (my nerves are shot ;))
    ******************************************8
    The rest of the tournament was to be held yesterday, today and tomorrow, however the entire tournament has been called off due to the heavy rains and flash flooding here - so I have the opportunity to post and get some work done - not to mention catching up on my laundry.
    *************************************
    I'm thrilled the kids are out of school and we can maybe get some fun going inbetween the rain drops! I've been working intermittently and going to the dentist and doctor trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with me - we are working on a massive sinus infection right now and I'm hoping that will take care of all of the pain - I'd very much like to avoid the endodontist! ;) Beau has been to the vet again and is on a special diet, we are trying to figure out if he is allergic to something he is eating, or if it is a seasonal thing - ugh! I'm thinking it is probably seasonal as he was perfectly fine until the spring - but hey, I'm not a vet. He's missing his treats, let me tell you!
    *******************************
    I also realized that I never mailed the squares I had made for Warming Grace and Justin's Blanket so those are on their way and I hope to make more when I can. Please join in if you have the time, it will make such a difference in the comfort of a sick child.
    *********************************
    A friend of mine dropped off a little goodie bag for me yesterday - her Mom's circ's! My kids asked me WHY I needed more needles and I very calmly explained to them that YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY KNITTING NEEDLES! lol
    ***********************************
    Well, I think this is quite long enough, I hope I haven't bored you too much :) I'll leave you with some cute pet pictures and a picture of the Wood Chuck that has been working on the back woods of my house - as long as he stays away from the vegetable garden and my flowers he will be viewed as the absolutely adorable creature that he is, if he heads toward my garden, I will have a completely different opinion of him ;)

    Comments on "~Life~Knitting~Question~Pets~"

     

    Blogger AmyArtisan said ... (6/25/2006) : 

    Looks like you have definitely been busy Cathy - thanks for sharing all the great pics! :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/26/2006) : 

    My, your girls have been keeping your busy! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Your woodchuck is cute! The local's here in PA call them groundhogs, but hey, they can't even say "Aunt" right! *L* : )

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/27/2006) : 

    Cathy:

    My youngest DD,an avid provincially-ranked athlete, was discovered at age 12 to have an ASD and LQTS. Her ASD was repaired with an Amplatzer Septal Occluder via cardiac catheterization (Thank heavens open heart surgery wasn't necessary). I, too was a bit freaked out but things turned out OK and DD feels SO much better now (that's the payoff for all our worrying). If you want more info on how it feels to be a mom through something like this I can provide you with my addy. One "free" piece of advice" take lots of knitting - it makes the time go faster, it seems to calm everyone and it gives people something to talk about.

     

    Blogger Cathy said ... (6/27/2006) : 

    Leslee, please feel free to email, I could use as much information as you are willing to share.

    Thank you so much! Cathy

     

    Blogger Debi said ... (6/28/2006) : 

    Cathy-
    If you scoot over to Teresa at Hatamaran, I believe she just had that procedure a few months ago...she's of course not a kid but you can get feedback from the horses mouth so to speak, and Teresa's a hunny!

    Duh, I'm looking at your "woodchuck" and thinking "I thought woodchuck's were those little striped squirrel-like things". Shows you how I've forgotten "northern" fauna I was thinking of a chipmonk, LOL!

     

    post a comment