Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Friday, February 24, 2006

    ~Rantings and Ravings of a Crazed Knitter~

    Olympic Knitting? What is that? Knitting? ugh! Once I figured out that cables are a piece of cake and I figured out how to alter my pattern to accomodate the cable, that was a piece of cake. Knitting the first mitt, snowed in in a hotel room in Connecticut, was also a piece of cake! Finding the time to knit the second mitt has proven to be quite a bit more difficult than I had imagined! Now, you would think that it being school vacation week, and the fact that I work in a school giving me a week off, would be conducive to getting a TON of knitting done ---- NOT! There was the hive laden child to bring to the Dr. The rawhide swallowing dog to bring to the vet. More appointments, activities and errands than I had imagined and then there is the NEVER ending stream of laundry, cleaning and cooking and softball meetings - no knitting was done at the meeting as I have to take the minutes :(.

    Oh! and another pet peeve of mine - WHY do the kids have to get RIDICULOUS projects to do on school vacation week? I get absolutely crazy about these projects - if they have to do a book report, let them do the damned book report, WHY does there have to be a project to go along with the book report EVERY time? and WHY on vacation week? What kind of a vacation is it when they have to worry constantly about projects? I've been told that they want the parents to spend time with their kids, so these projects can "bring the family together" - news flash.... NO THEY DON'T! I spend a ton of time with my kids, and we almost never have fun spending it doing these things. oiy, shut up Cath! (sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent!)

    Well, the week has FLOWN by and I have just now started the second mitt (well not just this second, LATE last night)...

    Buddy can't believe it.....Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Beau doesn't really care, as you can see...Image Hosted by ImageShack.us he's not what I'd call a BUNDLE OF NERVES....
    so here is all that I have done... Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    I'm hoping between grocery shopping and dentist appointements to get going on this, and I need to figure out where to put the right thumb gusset so it is in the correct spot! lol Now, knowing me, it will be tinked back numerous times (how many times did I knit the first glove? ugh!)before it gets put where it belongs - damned thumbs! lol I've been looking at all of the gorgeous Olympic Knitting you all have been doing, and here are my simple little mitts that will be lucky to get finished in time - ahhhhhh well, it's been fun seeing what everyone has been creating, don't you all think?

    Thanks for putting up with the lack of blogging and then the crazy woman rants - I'm off to clean the three fish bowls, make some pizza dough for supper, throw in another load of wash, and hopefully knit a few rows ;)
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Comments on "~Rantings and Ravings of a Crazed Knitter~"

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (2/24/2006) : 

    I still think you are going to finish tomorrow and get your gold without a problem. I agree with you - what kind of vacation has the kids worrying about huge projects. Sounds like you'd be much less busy if it was a normal work week!!

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (2/24/2006) : 

    Oh, Beau looks so cute I just want to tickle his tummy!
    The mitt is looking great... consider it your own holiday school project and it should come along much faster!

     

    Blogger AmyArtisan said ... (2/24/2006) : 

    Hang in there! You're making great progress! :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/25/2006) : 

    They look really great! Don't give up now!

     

    Blogger chris said ... (2/25/2006) : 

    You're so close, Cathy!! You can do it! I know you'll be right up there on the podium, collecting your Olympic gold on Sunday. ;-) I agree with you about school projects during vacation... it's so cruel! Why call it a vacation if it's not? At the collegiate level that's one thing, but for K-12, I really don't think it's right. Kids and parents should be able to enjoy their vacation together bonding and doing the things they want to do..not schoolwork! Buddy is so cute- reminds me of my cat from my bachelorette days. ;-) Take care and have a great weekend, Cathy! :-)

     

    post a comment