Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Tuesday, February 28, 2006

    ~Sappy Acceptance Speach!~

    (how lousy is that title?!)
    How gorgeous is this? I have to say that I didn't think this little medal would mean as much to me as it does - I'm surprised, and I'm surprised at what I have learned about myself.

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    My project was not a difficult project by most standards, the cables were new to me and much easier than I thought they would be. Reworking a pattern like I did was new to me and wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I did, however, knit the equivalent of two pair of the silly little mitts. My personal accomplishment was finishing them on time with all that happens to be going on in my life right now - for that I am the happiest. I am grateful to our beloved Stephanie for her challenge because it made me take the time to do something that I love to do. (i.e., to do something for me) I'm realizing that I don't take enough time to do the things that give me peace, and although I don't see a lot of time in my very near future, I can see a row here and there that I normally wouldn't pause to do.

    I have so enjoyed watching everyone doing projects that not only challenged them, but brought them joy and when it was too challenging or was no longer fun, they put them aside and cheered everyone else on. Knitters are truly wonderful people and I am so happy that I created this blog and have had the opportunity to "meet" so many of you!

    Comments on "~Sappy Acceptance Speach!~"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    Congrats, love your blog, you are so "real"!!!
    greetings, knitomi

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    I'm so glad to have 'met' you!! Thanks for sharing!

     

    Blogger chris said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    I'm so happy to have met you, too, Cathy! And congratulations, again, on your gold medal! You're so right... so often, I think we're so focused on making everyone else happy that we forget to do the things that recharge our own batteries and bring us happiness in the process. I'm glad that you were able to rekindle that flame and find peace through knitting the gloves. Take care! :-)

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    Bravo bravo!! Great speech and great KO job! I think knitters as a bunch are pretty amazing, and knit bloggers are even more awesome. A huge round of applause to us all!!

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    You deserve that medal... you should knit it into life and wear it around your neck at all times! They are beautiful, and I want them (not that I would wear them... I just crave beautiful things!).

     

    Blogger AmyArtisan said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    You've summed up the 16 day experience wonderfully! Enjoy the medal! :)

     

    Blogger Debi said ... (3/01/2006) : 

    Congrats on your medal and stretching your knitting muscles!

     

    post a comment