Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Friday, April 07, 2006

    ~Snow, Sickness and KNITTING~

    Springtime in New England! gotta love it - and if we can't - tough! lol Here was our gorgeous weather on Wednesday....... I have been home with this sweetie..... - what better loving could anyone ask for than a nice toasty puppy when sick. Em and I are heading off to the Dr. shortly to see if she has ear infections or strep. Poor sweetie has had a terrible fever, sore throat and ear aches. There are so many nasty germs hanging around lately that it is virtually impossible to avoid them. I work in a school and my three children are in two different schools and DH works in a hospital. Germs abound! The puppy was diagnosed with Lyme disease on Saturday, despite the Frontline and vaccines and is on a month-long treatment of antibiotics for the Lyme and medicine for his ear infection. My poor little guy! I hate the damned ticks and we are overrun with them.

    There IS knitting news - I know, I know, hold on to your hats, teeth etc. - it seems as though my knitting news is sporadic lately but softball is in full swing! The girls varsity team have won all of their first 4 games - woooooooo hoooooooooo! and will be playing again today - they are more than thrilled! I have been working on thisHoneycomb baby blanket for a dear friend at work who is expecting her first little one - I'm so excited for her, but will miss her terribly next year! This pattern is very dear to me as my grandmother (deceased), my mother and my aunt (deceased) all made adult sized wool afghans in this pattern when I was younger - they were the most beautiful and warm afghans I've ever snuggled in! I don't remember who, but someone washed my grandmother's in the MACHINE AND PUT IT IN THE DRYER! ugh! so now there is a felted honeycomb afghan that is even warmer than the original! ;) I am very much enjoying this as it is totally not boring, yet a very easy pattern to remember!

    Well, I'm sorry this is so short, I'm off to the Dr. with Emily - I'd like to request that you please say a prayer, if you are so inclined, for my Dad who will be having eye surgery next week and then tests to rule out (I hope) cancer. He has been under such a terrible strain lately, taking care of my Mom and this is just so difficult. You are all wonderful! Thanks.

    Comments on "~Snow, Sickness and KNITTING~"

     

    Blogger Marsha Loftis said ... (4/07/2006) : 

    very lovely web design. I like it.

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (4/07/2006) : 

    Yikes, I had no idea you had some many germies floating around there. I hope Em and the little puppy are both feeling much better soon - and I also hope that ends the sickness in your life!!! That baby blanket looks so pretty - and how special to use that pattern. I am saying prayers for you Dad . . . and the rest of the family too.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/07/2006) : 

    such a cute dog! get well soon! :D

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/07/2006) : 

    oops, you're not sick...a big get well soon to your kiddo, pup and dad!

     

    Blogger Debi said ... (4/08/2006) : 

    Hope you and yours feel better and I'm sending good wishes for your Dad!

     

    Blogger Larjmarj said ... (4/08/2006) : 

    Hope everyone at your house is well and well into spring soon! I work in a hospital too, cooties everywhere! Makes ya a little germophobic. Hope all is well with your Dad. Nice work on the blanket the colors are a nice blend.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/09/2006) : 

    I hope em and Dad get better soon. :o))

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/09/2006) : 

    Good health wishes to EVERYBODY...you have seen enough sickness to last you for quite a while!
    Love the baby blankie, it's sure to be cherished.

     

    Blogger chris said ... (4/09/2006) : 

    I'm so sorry to hear that Em and the puppy haven't been well. :-( I hope that they're feeling better and on the mend soon. And your dad is in my thoughts and prayers- I hope that his surgery is successful and that the tests confirm only the best. Your baby blanket is so pretty and I love the history and legacy behind that pattern. It makes it even more special- your friend is such a lucky lady. Thank you so much for all your support and good wishes this past week- it's meant more to me than you can imagine, especially in light of all you're dealing with right now. Hope all is well with you.. take care, Cathy! :-)

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (4/10/2006) : 

    So sorry to hear about your Dad. And the puppy... poor little thing! We give Jack Frontline and Interceptor (which, basically, intercepts any ticks and fleas, and seems to do a fantastic job).
    Now, that sock pattern for babies you were waving about... have you got it handy..?

     

    Blogger Mia said ... (4/11/2006) : 

    Prayers coming your way for you and your dad too.. hang in there.

     

    post a comment