Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Saturday, April 21, 2007

    ~Update~

    Just thought I'd pop in with an update....
    The blanket was laid out and tied together in strips last weekend - a good 1/2 day undertaking! The girls helped secure the squares into strips for me to help save my back and I have one strip crocheted together. I had hoped to have much more done this week since it is vacation week, but life came first this week. I finally went to the doctor - since I've been sick since the first week in March - came home with nasal spray, inhaler, antibiotics and antihistamines - I'm told its bronchitis and two ears blocked with fluid. Ah well, I may be going back as the antibiotics don't seem to be doing their thing, and to be honest, I'm tired of feeling as awful as I look! lol
    A co-worker and dear friend of mine received some devastating news this week as her mother (who is just a wonderful woman) had a seizure, brain surgery and was diagnosed with cancer of the brain. The outlook is grim - she has been given "months" and will need constant care. This is such a heartbreaking diagnosis as her Mom has always been such a vital woman who showed no symptoms at all until the seizure. As a matter of fact, she was substitute teaching just last week. Prayers are welcome for this wonderful family.
    Now that the sun is shining again and it is no longer "winter/monsoon" like outside, we are back to playing softball and the girls couldn't be happier! They've won all but one of their first 5 games and have 4 make-up games scheduled so we will be busy watching and cheering them on. The town games will start this week as well and then the travel team practices will begin in the next week or two - all softball-all the time here at Casa Tightly Wound! ;) The parade for the town little league/softball league is tomorrow and we are all grateful for the beautiful weather forecast, although I don't think I'll be marching with the team this year as I am wheezing like a steam engine, I'll be sure to be there cheering them on!
    Lyss and I went shopping a couple of weeks ago for her Prom Dress and once again found the perfect dress for her right away - she is thrilled. I still haven't been able to choose which senior picture I want for the wall and gifts - I've only had them since August - how do you choose when they all come out great? I do have to decide soon as I'd like to have them for Mother's Day for the Grandmothers. We are also trying to plan a surprise 50th Anniversary Party for my parents (it's in two weeks). The problem is the fact that my Mom is so very sick that it's hard to know what the day will be like, and since she can't really go "out" I'd like to see if I can get her here to my house. That way I can decorate and make a nice dinner and surprise her with the little family that is left, along with some of my dear friends who have been a part of our family since my childhood. Wish me luck!
    I'm sorry for the lack of comments on all of your blogs, I just haven't felt up to sitting at the computer, and this week between visiting the hospital, going to the doctor and all of the other appointments for the girls I haven't had a chance.

    I hope you enjoy the beautiful weather (here on the East Coast) this weekend! See you soon!

    Comments on "~Update~"

     

    Blogger pacalaga said ... (4/22/2007) : 

    Well, health is most important! Glad you went to the doctor. I did the same, for a lingering sinus infection, wheezing, allergies, etc. I escaped without the bronchitis, but I have all the same drugs, plus a few for the asthma. They're starting to make a dent, whew. Now I'm trying to catch up on the laundry and dishes I've been trying to ignore for the past many weeks.

     

    Blogger ~Kristie said ... (4/22/2007) : 

    Bronchitis? What the heck? You better be getting and staying in bed and having those adorable kids bring you soup.

    They look so cute helping you out with the afghan and I wish them a lot of luck with their softball games (although it sounds like they don't need it)

    Get well soon!

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (4/23/2007) : 

    The blanket looks like it's coming along great. Sorry you are feeling so cruddy and couldn't get as much done as you hoped. Please don't stress yourself out about it too much, okay? Enjoy the wonderful weather and feel better soon!!

     

    Blogger Rositta said ... (4/25/2007) : 

    I hope you feel better soon. I know all about hospitals, I go twice a day for my Mom now. Tomorrow she gets a pacemaker and it was a battle all the way (our socialized health care sucks)...by the way, I have a new grandaughter...ciao

     

    Blogger Kimberly said ... (4/28/2007) : 

    I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Sorry I haven't been around either-life is so consuming. The blanket looks great. hugs!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/07/2007) : 

    Hope you are feeling better soon! Looks like your kids where lots of help putting the blanket together. Here's wishing them good luck this season! : )

     

    post a comment