Image Hosted by ImageShack.usE-Mail Me

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Get your own free Blogoversary button!


Meez 3D avatar avatars games


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Cathy~TWLK. Make your own badge here.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Socktoberfest2010


  • Chili Soup
  • French Toast Bake
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
  • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Stir 'n Drop Oatmeal Cookies


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Completed Blanket
  • Comfort Knitters...
  • Images of Received Squares


  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Please Visit The Shawl Ministry


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    medal-blog-button


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us FingerlessGlovesKnitalong MultiDirectionalKnitalong

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Sunday, March 05, 2006

    ~March Madness~

    What a nice day it was here in New England! It was only about 38 degrees, but the sun was shining and it wasn't windy - it was GORGEOUS - a little hint of things to come! Possibly a March "tease"! Spring maybe?! I can't wait.

    The balmy weather and the sunshine along with the kick-off of
    Project Spectrum had me taking stock of my many crafting endeavors. I have, along the way, dabbled in sewing, (making clothes, repairing clothes, making bags, pillows, etc.), embroidery, needlepoint, latch-hooking, beading - all kinds, ceramics, macrame, cross stitching, crocheting, knitting and anything else that caught my fancy! lol So in taking stock, and getting into the Project Spectrum mood, I decided to load some of my crafting pictures into a flickr badge (over in the left side bar), I apologize for the quality of some of the pictures, I will need to retake a few with my newer camera at some point, and I have a lot more to load -- all in good time! all in good time ;) Another reason to thank Lolly - I most likely would not have put any of my "other" craft pictures up here on my "knitting" blog, but I am who I am - and I am all of it! :) Thanks Lolly!

    I thought I'd share a couple that have the pink/red theme, and that also reminded me of Spring :) (the pictures are all clickable thumbnails)

    This was a "family bouquet" from a few years ago that I made and put into one of my favorite summer mugs! The kids LOVED it.

    Just a little reminder for myself :)

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    and a little gift to myself - a maroon "go-knit" pouch - just perfect for carrying a sock project around in (or something else if you aren't into socks ;))

    Now, on to something that the few people that come and visit this crazy knitting mom will understand....... I FINALLY have a vehicle! Yes I do! It has been a loooooong time, but it was well worth the wait. I feel as though this was meant to be mine.... it is a mid-sized SUV, it has a third row seat, it is dark blue with tan interior (my favorites- and the same colors as my poor departed mini-van), it is 4 wheel drive (good for trips up to Vermont to get my son), it's a 2004 and has less than 15,000 miles on it and the price was fantastic! I am SO HAPPY! I will be heading up to Vermont to pick up my son at the end of the week - the poor kid thinks I'm still driving his car back and forth to work which would leave him without a vehicle while home on break, he will be shocked to see this (I'm surprising him... shhhhhhhhhhh ;))

    The old mini-van is being donated to the American Cancer Society - Cars for a Cure. Please keep them in mind if you or any of your friends and family are in need of disposing of a vehicle. The only requirement they have is that the vehicle have 4 inflated tires. 75 percent of whatever they get from the car goes directly to the Cancer Society and I believe there is a deduction that can be taken on your taxes.

    These are a couple of pals that keep me company in the new vehicle .... The panda that sits on the dash (looks kind of Project Spectrum-ish - don't you think?) was given to me by Patti and along with the heart-shaped paws and nose - his front paw says I Love You. The little guy on the console reminds me of my Beau!

    Did any of you see the new knitting show on "O"? I posted about it and then wasn't around to watch and forgot to tape it? How was it?

    I hope you all had a nice weekend! Happy Crafting :)

    Comments on "~March Madness~"

     

    Blogger chris said ... (3/06/2006) : 

    Hooray for the new SUV!!! I'm so happy for you, Cathy! It looks like March and spring are finally bringing the happy times you so deserve. Your new car looks wonderful! I love the family bouquet you created and your cross stitch is so cute. What a fantastic sock knitting pouch, too! I love the color! ;-) Can't wait to see all the crafty things you come up with for Project Spectrum... take care, Cathy! :-)

     

    Blogger Karen said ... (3/06/2006) : 

    A vehicle, a vehicle - yahoo!!!! I'm so glad your SUV finally came home. Can't wait to hear how happy and surprised your son will be when he sees you don't have to "borrow" his car!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post all your beautiful crafts. My favorites are the vegetable babies - so cute!! Have a great week.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/06/2006) : 

    Woo Hoo! Congrats on the new car. It looks great! Yesterday was a fabulous day, you're right, we're starting to get hints of spring. YAY! We can actually drive to and from work in daylight again instead of the dark. I did tape the new knitting show on Oxygen, but haven't watched it yet. I'll be sure to let you know how it was.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/06/2006) : 

    I love your new car, or shall I say new baby? I won't tell your son about it. :)
    I talked to my mom today and she said the weather was gorgeous today, just like spring-enjoy it!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/08/2006) : 

    Yippie!! Nice lookin ride! ; )
    I love the family bouquet that you created! I saw it on Project Spectrum Flicker, and wondered who made it. Cause it so cool! *L*
    Spring is coming! Yippie!

     

    post a comment